This document explains how to add Web, mail, and other services to a live H-Sphere server.
If you need to add a new box to H-Sphere cluster, please refer to the
Adding Servers document.
Step 1. Download Current Installer
Log into the CP server as root.
Check your current H-Sphere version:
# cat ~cpanel/shiva/psoft_config/hsphere.properties | grep HS_VERSION
Important: It is strongly recommended to update your H-Sphere to the latest stable build of your
current H-Sphere version.
Unpack the downloaded archive and cd into the installation directory:
tar xfz <ARCHIVE_NAME>
Step 2. Configuration
At this step, you will create configuration files.
- Collect your current H-Sphere configuration:
- Launch the configuration wizard to enter installation data:
- Choose a physical server you want to add a service to.
- In the configuration menu, add a service choosing its ID
from the displayed list of services.
- Save the ID number of the physical server where you added a service to,
in the configuration menu.
- Save configuration and exit with '-' or 's'+'q' commands
where ID is the number of the server that you added the service on. This will
regenerate install configuration, upload install scripts to
this server and configure SSH keys to access it.
- Login to the server where you install the new service and execute:
where <SERVICE> is be one of the following:
make add-service S=<SERVICE>
Webmail server (this option is not provided since H-Sphere 2.4.2)
Step 3. Enabling added services from the admin Control Panel.
On this step, please follow the instructions about how to
add servers in admin Control Panel.
Resolving conflicts between Web and mail services
(outdated since HS 2.4.1)
- If you have a mail server and want to add a web server:
- Stop Apache:
- Linux: /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
- FreeBSD: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh stop
- Uninstall webmail apache rpm or package:
- Linux: rpm -e hsphere-apache-lite
- FreeBSD: pkg_delete `pkg_info | grep ^hsphere-apache-lite`
- If you want to add a mail server and don't have a web server, after:
make add-service S=mail
make add-service S=weblite