H-Sphere versions: 2.4.1 Patch 2 and higher
We recommend upgrading your PostgreSQL user database servers
and the system PostgreSQL to version 7.4.6 for better performance on the Control Panel server.
This script includes PostgreSQL Security Release for 7.4.6
and updates Postgres server and client software, including:
- perl client library on all boxes (install if missing)
- server software with data conversion to the current version format
- H-Sphere 2.4.1 Patch 2 and higher. With H-Sphere older than 2.4.1 Patch 2, Postgres update can stop H-Sphere work.
- If your Postgres is older than v.7.2, manual update is highly recommended
- Before upgrading Postgres, make sure your hsphere database is converted into UNICODE.
- To work properly on FreeBSD, Postgres 7.4.6 requires the gettext package
and specifically file libintl.so.6. To make sure it exists in your system, run:
Update Process Description:
First, the update stops the Control Panel and updates Postgres server.
Next, it restarts Control Panel with the new Postgres version.
Note: If the script runs into an error on a user database server,
it returns a respective message, skips the box and turns to the next box.
It's described in details in the recover-howto-eng.txt file
- Log into your control panel server as root:
- Download the PostgreSQL 7.4.6 upgrade script from the psoft site:
- Unpack the archive:
tar -zxf u-pgsql-7.4.6.tar.gz
- Enter the unpacked directory:
- To upgrade all PostgreSQL servers, run the update.sh script:
To run the script and view the messages that appeared during installation, run the following command:
sh update.sh | tee update.log
It will copy the messages to the log file.