Since H-Sphere 2.1, two webmail clients included in H-Sphere installation:
- SqWebMail written in C - default webmail client, installed on the same box with mail server
and runs on its Apache server;
- Horde IMP webmail client written in PHP, installed on one of the H-Sphere web servers.
IMP should be installed and configured only on one of H-Sphere web servers. It is automatically
installed with the first Web server. To check where IMP is installed, find the
following line in hsphere.properties:
IMP_HOST = NN
where NN is the web server ID; this ID can be obtained from E.Manager -> LServers..
To install IMP manually:
- Login as root to the web server where you are intending to install IMP.
- Go to the Apache htdocs directory:
- Untar the package:
tar xfz horde-imp.tgz
- Configure H-Sphere mail servers in the following IMP config file:
To set IMP instead of SqWebmail, follow these steps:
- Log in as cpanel user:
su - cpanel
- Open the hsphere.properties file:
- Add or uncomment the following line:
WEB_MAIL = IMP
- Make sure the file has the following line:
IMP_HOST = NN
where NN is the ID of the web server where IMP is installed; this
ID can be obtained from E.Manager -> LServers.
- Restart H-Sphere.
To switch back to SqWebMail, repeat 1-2 steps above. Then
comment out the "WEB_MAIL = IMP" string and restart
After this H-Sphere will start using the SqWebMail instead
Setting SMTP Server For IMP
IMP configuration is written in the /hsphere/shared/apache/htdocs/horde/config/horde.php file.
IMP is configured in such way that it uses local sendmail as SMTP server by default.
To configure IMP to use external SMTP server, modify horde.php in the following way:
- Change the mailer type to smtp. For this, change the line:
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
- Uncomment the following line and specify the smtp server:
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'smtp.example.com');
where smtp.example.com should be a valid smtp server name.