MnoGoSearch is a web search engine that searches your site by keywords.
It can run on both intranet and Internet pages. MnoGoSearch is installed into H-Sphere from a single package
<mnogosearch_version> is MnoGoSearch version, and <package_build> is
this package's build number.
Please refer to H-Sphere mnoGoSearch Updates
for the latest version of hsphere-mnogosearch package.
What's new in hsphere-mnogosearch package in H-Sphere 2.5
hsphere-mnogosearch-x.x.x package underwent significant changes in H-Sphere 2.5:
- Changed the structure of tables and database. Now the indexer creates the tables in database.
- Removed Perl frontend. Instead mnogosearch-php-frontend-3.2.11 is included.
- Added ability to create several entry points on one server.
- Old mnogosearch databases are not supported anymore.
For the proper work of mnoGoSearch, you will also need the file ~httpd/conf/mnogosearch.conf that assigns domains but is not included in the package hsphere-mnogosearch-x.x.x
MnoGoSearch configuration scripts
mnogosearch-init script is used to enable/disable mnoGoSearch.
mnogosearch-init [ -f homedir ] [ -u login ] [ -g group ]
[ -d domain ] [ -l dblogin ] [ -p dbpasswd ] [ -t dbhost ] [ -n dbname ] [ -a user_action ]
- homedir - user home directory
- login - user name
- group - the group to which the user belongs
- domain - domain name
- dblogin - mnoGoSearch database login
- dbpasswd - mnoGoSearch database password
- dbhost - mnoGoSearch database host
- dbname - mnoGoSearch database name
- user_action - 'set' parameter adds mnoGoSearch, 'drop' removes
When mnoGoSearch is being enabled, this script:
When mnoGoSearch is being disabled, the mnogosearch-init script removes all the custom settings.
mnogosearch-set script is used to add/remove startup links from the server.
mnogosearch-set [ -a | -r ] [ -d domain ] [ -u URL ]
- -a - adds startup URL
- -r - removes existing entering URL
- domain - domain for which these changes are done
- URL - URL which is to be added or removed
This script is executed when the startup link in the field
"Add new mnoGoSearch URL" is submitted. It adds/removes the startup URLs into/from the
Starting with H-Sphere 2.5, MnoGoSearch frontend written in Perl is replaced with PHP-based frontend.