Server Migration Request
To migrate H-Sphere servers yourself, please refer to the following manuals:
Moving Mail Service
Moving CP Server
Alternatively, we are offering remote server migration by the Psoft team.
If your server migration involves the change of ISP, please also see requirements to
IP Migration Request.
Please refer to our Price List.
Migrations are performed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Migrations are not performed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Make sure you have applied the latest patch for this version on the source server.
- Prepare your target server according to our documentation.
Don't install H-Sphere yourself. Please leave it to our support team.
Migration may require CP downtime. Please ask PSoft support about your particular case.
Cautions for Web Unix/Windows servers.
- Check if any of the customer scripts use the server IP address.
Note all uses to update them right after the migration.
- Check if any of the customer scripts use absolute file paths if you are going to
change the location of user homes. Note all uses to update them right after the migration.
To request server migration, contact support
and provide the following data. If the data is incomplete or doesn't comply with the below
requirements, the migration will be suspended (rescheduled).
Before submitting support request, make sure to
follow the security procedure.
- CP URL
- IPs of the source and target boxes
- IPs of the services to be moved
- Preferred migration time. Consider that the migration will cause H-Sphere CP down.
It must be scheduled not earlier than in 48 hours after submitting the migration request.
It is also highly advisable that you stay available during the migration process.
- Custom packages and settings. Specify if you have custom Webmail, Urchin,
merchant gateways with additional configuration requirements, Miva, etc.
- Any other helpful information applicable to your particular situation.
- Root password to the new server/servers
Important: For the time of migration, please open port 873 (RSync).
More on firewall configuration
Please make a full backup of H-Sphere before the migration.