H-Sphere Installation Request
Prior to requesting the installation, please
prepare your servers.
Setting up new software may affect the operability of your server,
thus there must not be any production software running. Positive Software
takes no responsibility for any hardware and/or software failures that
may occur during installation.
To see the prices for H-Sphere installation and other services, please refer to
If the servers are carefully prepared and all requirements have
been satisfied, the installation procedure, including post-installation testing, usually takes a couple of hours.
However, it may take longer, depending on the number of servers in the cluster, connection speed and other factors.
Note: do not operate the system until you are notifed that the post-installation tests are over.
- Go to our support page.
- Click Buy support for H-Sphere.
- Select the options desired for your product license.
- Go through the form that appears.
- Click Place the order to apply Installation request.
To install H-Sphere for you, we will need the following data:
- H-Sphere License
- Company Name;
- Contact information and mailing address;
- The domain name you are going to use with H-Sphere. This domain name will be used
for server names, such as cp.yourdomain.com, mail.yourdomain.com, web.yourdomain.com,
ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com, and for third-level hosting, such as
customerdomain1.yourdomain.com, customerdomain2.yourdomain.com. If necessary,
you can use different domains for different servers or third level domain hosting;
- The list of servers you want to use (IP's);
- For every server:
- Username of the users able to telnet or ssh and run su command;
- Passwords for that user;
- Root password (Important: Make sure to change root password after installation, for security purposes).
- To have H-Sphere installed on internal IPs, specify which internal IPs will correspond to which external IPs.
- If you install a load balanced Web or mail cluster,
please list specific IPs and paths;
- Preferred H-Sphere configuration, i.e. what you want to install on each server
(if this is not specified, we'll choose the configuration by ourselves).
Prior to the installation, please make sure your automatic update utility (up2date
on RedHat or swup
on Trustix) is
registered and properly configured. Our support team may need to update some of your packages using this utility.