Updating H-Sphere Winbox to 3.0 Patch 5
03 Sep 2007
Release Notes | Install | Update | Winbox Install | Change Log | Package List
This guide instructs how to upgrade H-Sphere Windows software to
3.0 Patch 5 from 2.3.1 Patch 9 and up.
- The update to H-Sphere Winbox version 2.5 Beta 2 and up from earlier versions
may be time-consuming since it requires changing NTFS permissions across your Windows servers.
- H-Sphere Winbox 2.5 Beta 2 and up is not compatible with H-Sphere under 2.5!
- Serv-U FTP is no longer supported in H-Sphere Winbox 2.5 and up.
If you are currently using it and would like to update to this version,
first switch to MS FTP.
- We currently don't recommend updating H-Sphere to version 2.5 and up when there are 512 and more
ColdFusion mappings on a Windows server
(i.e., ColdFusion is turned on for more than 511 user domains).
- The upgrade procedure on Windows 2003 entails IIS restart. This is required to avoid sites
served by recently recycled applications pools from becoming unavailable after the upgrade.
- After updating to H-Sphere 2.5, some ODBC DSNs can stop working. The reason is that they have
no prefixes in their names. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming version. To fix the trouble
now, recreate these DSNs.
- Make sure your H-Sphere Windows module has version 2.3.1 Patch 9 or higher.
Open the file [Disk]:\\HSphere\scripts\consts.inc and check the parameters.
If the version is older, update it to
2.3.1 Patch 9 or higher.
- Open SOAP port 10125 for data communication between Control Panel and Windows server.
- If you are going to use Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, make sure to
before upgrading H-Sphere Winbox to 3.0 Patch 5.
- Update your Webshell to version 4 if you have an older version.
- Download H-Sphere Windows 3.0 Patch 5 at:
- Run the file you have downloaded (HSInst300p5.exe) to upgrade H-Sphere Winbox to 3.0 Patch 5.
- After the H-Sphere upgrade, IIS will still run some modules of earlier versions.
whenever it is convenient to ensure you run the updated modules.
- Contact support and inform us about the upgrade.
This is required to get appropriate support from PSoft.
After H-Sphere Winbox update is completed:
- Install different PHP versions
to enable users to switch between them.
- Make sure ColdFusion is configured correctly
(in particular, that the CF admin password is entered).
Copyright 1998-2018. Positive Software Corporation.
All rights reserved.