Release Notes | Install | Update | Winbox Update | Change Log | Package List
- Prepare your Windows server to make sure it meets the
requirements for H-Sphere installation.
- Serv-U FTP is no longer supported in H-Sphere Winbox 2.5 and up.
If you are currently using it and would like to update to this version,
first switch to MS FTP.
- We currently don't recommend updating H-Sphere to version 2.5
when there are 512 and more ColdFusion mappings on a Windows server
(i.e., ColdFusion is turned on for more than 511 Winbox users).
- SOAP property must be turned on in the hsphere.properties configuration file on CP.
- Warning: H-Sphere Winbox 2.5 Beta 2 and up is not compatible with H-Sphere under 2.5!
- If you use Windows 2003 R2 system, install the File Server Resource Manager component
before H-Sphere installation.
H-Sphere Winbox installer is organized in the form of a wizard.
If you are unsure about some wizard parameters, use the defaults.
You can stop the installation wizard at any time.
If you want to change some settings, press the Back button.
- Download H-Sphere
- Customize Third-party Additional Systems Integrable with H-Sphere
Prior to installing H-Sphere, make sure to have all
third party products installed on the Winbox, or else you will have
to configure corresponding parameters in the conf.inc file.
Currently, H-Sphere integrates with the following systems:
Check the boxes next to the systems already installed on the box:
Set General Parameters
- Company name: enter your company name which will be displayed
in index.html and login.html files and used in every
newly created website.
- H-Sphere control panel URL: enter your H-Sphere control panel URL.
This value will also be used in index.html and
login.html files as links to the H-Sphere CP.
You can use either http (port 8080)
or https (port 8443) protocol.
- SiteStudio is used as a site builder: check the box if
you would like to have SiteStudio integrated with H-Sphere. Once you checked this box:
- Enter SiteStudio URL: e.g. http://cp.ourcompany.com:8080.
This URL is also used in the index.html and login.html files.
You can use only http (port 8080)
protocol even if H-Sphere CP URL is secure.
- Enter SiteStudio class: e.g. /studio/servlet/psoft.masonry.Builder.
- Network interface: if you have several net interfaces,
choose the one that you intend to use for hosting services.
- Read config on the fly: check the box if you want H-Sphere
service to read the changes in the conf.inc configuration
file immediately after they have been made. If you leave the box
unchecked, you will have to restart H-Sphere Windows Service each
time you make any changes in this file to make it reread them.
- Use separate users' group: check the box if you want
each new H-Sphere user to be created in a local group (its
name can be set in the H-Sphere control panel). If you leave
the box blank, H-Sphere users will be created in the Users built-in group.
- Rotate by: select the rotation type of internal H-Sphere
- The Size option will rotate the log files when the current file reaches the set limit.
- The Period option will rotate the log files every specified number of hours.
Set Web Parameters
- Path to the FrontPage Server extensions admin program:
enter the full path to the program which administrates FrontPage
- Web application isolation level: select the isolation
level of H-Sphere users' web programs.
We recommend to set the web application isolation level to Medium
during the installation.
Configure ActivePerl Parameters
This step will show if you've specified ActivePerl as an installed system on Step 1.
Enter the full path to the directory where ActivePerl is located.
Configure Miva Parameters
This step will show if you've specified Miva as an installed system on Step 1.
- Miva Empresa directory: enter the full path to the directory
where Miva Empresa is located.
- Miva Merchant directory: enter the full path to
the directory where Miva Merchant is located.
If you have Miva commerce libraries, check the box
and fill in the field.
- Miva commerce libraries directory: enter the full path
to the directory where commerce libraries are located.
Set Webalizer Parameters
This step will show if you've specified Webalizer as an installed system on Step 1.
Enter the complete path to the directory where Webalizer is located.
Set Urchin Parameters
This step will show if you've specified Urchin as an installed system on Step 1.
Enter the complete path to the directory where Urchin is located.
Configure Installation Parameters
- Scripts account name: enter the name of the user's account
which will be used when accessing H-Sphere scripts and under which
they will be performed (hsadmin by default).
This account will be created to the local
"Administrators" built-in group. This user's name must
be used when configuring Windows box for the H-Sphere control panel.
- Scripts account password: enter the user's account password.
- Default H-Sphere website: select Default Web Site
where the H-Sphere scripts will be installed.
- Guest FTP site: select Default FTP Site which will be
used by H-Sphere users to access their home dirs by FTP.
- H-Sphere directory: enter the full path to the directory
where you intend to install H-Sphere.
H-Sphere is by default installed to C:\HSphere.
- Users home directory: enter the full path to the directory
where the users' home directories will be located.
Note: We recommend placing user content
to another partition, for example, to E:\HShome. See
Winbox hardware requirements.
- Web and FTP logs directory: enter the full path to the
directory where the sites' web and ftp log files will be located.
- H-Sphere scripts virtual directory name: enter the name
for the directory where H-Sphere scripts will be located.
Virtual directory with this name will be created on the website
chosen as the default H-Sphere website.
Change: check this box if you want to change the name of virtual
directory where H-Sphere scripts will be located.
Start the Installation
When all parameters are set, click the Finish button to start the installation.
Start service after the installation: check
the box if you want the installation program to start H-Sphere service immediately after it has been installed.
When completed, you will get the Installation has been finished successfully pop-up message.
Now that you have completed the installation, go to the Admin control panel and
add the box to H-Sphere.
To verify your windows box, click the view icon next to the physical server link. You will
get server info if the server has been added to your cluster. Plan wizard will be activated automatically.
Read additional info about MSSQL server integration
Important: If you are adding new Windows server to a
NAT configured H-Sphere cluster,
you must add this server's IPs to the ~cpanel/shiva/psoft_config/ips-map.xml file.
After H-Sphere Winbox installation is completed:
- Install different PHP versions
to enable users to switch between them.
- Install WebShell for your H-Sphere Winbox version.
Make sure you have PHP 4.3.1 or higher.
- Make sure
ColdFusion is configured correctly
(in particular, that the CF admin password is entered).