H-Sphere 2.5 Beta 4 (Private Build 703) Release Notes
Under development - not for production servers
Install | Update | Winbox Install | Winbox Update | Change Log | Package List | Release Notes History
This version is a private release for beta testers. This version is not recommended for production servers!
Please refer to the latest stable version
Note for beta testers:
Please report all bugs and issues to our
Please send info on successful installation/upgrade to email@example.com
For the list of features initially introduced in H-Sphere 2.5 see the
H-Sphere 2.5 Beta 3 Release Notes.
New Features and Improvements
- Improvements in hsphere updater:
- Added option to set a list of packages excluded from the update.
- Added option to skip regeneration of config.xml
- Provided a more thorough check while
adding new physical/logical servers:
- check on supported Perl version;
- check if selinux is enabled on the server;
- check if kernel supports quota
- If the /hsphere partition or the /hsphere symlink to actual H-Sphere partition
is absent, the updater automatically chooses the partition with the largest free space available and
creates the /hsphere symlink there. If required, the updater modifies /etc/fstab by
adding quota flag to the H-Sphere partition and/or remounts this partition and executes quotacheck.
- Additional check of logical server configuration.
If a newly created physical box doesn't contain any logical servers or service IP
(or shared IP on a Web server) is not set on one of the logical servers,
the updater will stop on this box.
- If H-Sphere cluster uses MyDNS service instead of Bind,
check/install of the hsphere-bind package is skipped;
- If any of the checks fails, the updater stops and informs what is required to continue the update.
- Added update of the fs.file-max (Linux) and
kern.maxfiles (FreeBSD) sysctl parameter on web logical servers.
- Added new requirements for
customization of H-Sphere server configuration
files: now the respective templates should be modified
instead of making changes to the config files directly
- Changed priorities in searching a Java compiler: javac is now given the top priority as compared to jikes
(older versions of jikes fail if Java 1.5 is installed)
- Added support for transfering domains to Enom registrar and added
new TLD's registered with Enom.
- Added support for registering co.uk and org.uk domains via Enom registar
- Implemented CVV validation for PayFlowPro merchant gateway
- Enabled writing the status of requests on completed registration into the registrar log
- Code improvements and fixes in to PlanExtractor and PlanCreator
- Added the HePlanExctractor utility
extracting XML with properties of MS Exchange plans available on the Hosted Exchange server
- Fixes in Dedicated Servers:
- Solved problem with skipping the step "Dedicated Server Templates Prices" in plan wizards
- Fixed problem with some items (menus/icons) appearing even if the "Dedicated Server Facilities"
option is disabled globally
- Fixed problem with absent links "Add new template" and "Add new server"
when there are no added items yet
- Added the necessary dependences for resources 'backup' and 'reseller_backup' to solve the problem
with the dedicated server backup option showing in the plan
even if dedicated server backups are disabled globally
- Made optional the "mail_only_domain" resource for dedicated server plans to allow/disallow mail services
- If none of the domain resources is enabled in the dedicated server plan, Domain settings
menu is removed from user interface
- Corrected H-Sphere templates to forbid creating new dedicated server templates/new dedicated servers in
reseller administrative accounts if the option "allow resellers to sell their dedicated servers"
is disabled globally or through the reseller plan
- Fixes in H-Sphere updater:
- Fixed checking IP-related information;
- Fixed issues with managing services during the update;
- Fixed the update package procedure on FreeBSD 5.4 boxes
- Fixed problem with Server Alias for CP server when CP SSL is turned on
- Fixed inability to remove the 'unix user' home directory while deleting the 'unix user'
- Fixed displaying of invoice for changed IP type
- Corrected migrating users between resellers if MailRelay is enabled
- Modified Bind restart script according to supervision management requirements
- Redundant message "Account Suspension Warning" in Suspend Cron won't be send anymore
on the day when the system starts the suspension procedure.
- Added EasyApp database sequence generator to H-Sphere 2.5 installer.
- Fixed EasyApp tarball permissions
- Fixed a problem with disabling/enabling Send CC in the Email Notifications interface
- Fixed an issue with CPU overload after the upgrade to version 2.5
- Fixed a bug with Windows servers' being incorrectly marked as newly installed
- Added automatic obligatory IIS restart on Windows 2003 servers after their upgrade to version 2.5
in order to avoid the "Service Unavailable" error for domains
- Fixed a bug with suspended accounts not being switched to the new Windows security scheme during the updrade
- Fixed a bug when subsequent HS 2.5 upgrade returned application pools from
Network Service back to Local System identity
- Fixed a bug which caused launching of unnecessary patches after the HS 2.5 Winbox installation
- Fixed an issue with website suspension when directory browsing flag is enabled for this site
- Fixed an internal error when turning ASP.NET on
- Fixed an ASP.NET bug causing W3SVC service restart
- Fixed bug with incorrect reading of configuration info if ASP.NET root version revison is other than 0
- Added SOAP support to suspend and resume methods in VirtualHostingResource on Windows servers
- Fixed Urchin profile update bug
- Fixed an issue in ColdFusion installer
Release Notes History
Copyright 1998-2017. Positive Software Corporation.
All rights reserved.