Install | Update | Winbox Install | Winbox Update | Change Log | Package List | Release Notes History
New Features and Updates
- Implemented support of Dedicated Servers feature
- Merchant Gateways and Web payment systems:
- Domain Registrars:
- Added support for transfering domains to Enom registrar and added new TLD's registered
- Added email notification for failed domain registration renewal
- Enabled writing the status of requests on completed registration into the registrar log
- Mail System:
- Virtual Private Servers:
- VPS Plan functionality has been significantly extended: added domain registration support,
introduced new types of VPS limits, added possibility to use mail service based on standard H-Sphere logical servers.
- Added VPS traffic to the list of changeable monthly resources
- Added search by VPS hostname in CP
- Introduced H-Sphere VPS installation and
upgrade by means of
- H-Sphere XML API:
- Added actions for User FTP services and
- Added possibility to sign up user without payment and billing info through XML API. Also added searches by signupId
to return accountId and userId
- System Packages:
- Rewritten H-Sphere Updater
- All H-Sphere packages are rebuilt to comply with the new approach to H-Sphere
- the hsphere-apache-webbox package is split into separate Apache and PHP packages:
- hsphere-apache-1.3.34-4 - Apache server
- PHP 4 and PHP 5 packages
with a possibility to switch between the versions for a physical server:
- SiteStudio is installed into H-Sphere and updated by means of packages instead
of tgz archives:
- Some third-party products are built as packages:
- New common packages:
- New package hsphere-mrtg-rrd-1-3 as the MRTG logical server software used for
monitoring traffic statistics on dedicated servers
- New FreeBSD packages:
- utf8locale-without-swidth-040319 - required by Horde for multilanguage support on FreeBSD 4.x
- ldconfig_compat-1.0_5 on all FreeBSD boxes
- Removed packages:
- hsphere-openssl - original OpenSSL coming with OS is used instead
- hsphere-quota - now part of the hsphere-perl package
- hsphere-zziplib - deprecated (no longer required by WebShell)
- Security-related Changes:
- Added AXIS access filter
to restrict SOAP access to CP server from external IPs.
- CP Apache is started under httpdcp user. (This should prevent cpanel user/root user exploits in case Apache is
- Directory ~cpanel are owned by cpanel:httpdcp, with permissions 710
- Classes are owned by root:cpanel, with permissions 640
- jar files are currently owned by root, except for those installed by H-Sphere packages
- Removed deprecated Generic CGI Scripts
- Other Features:
- Updated Java to 1.5 on CP Server:
- jdk-1.5.0-05 (Linux)
- jdk-1.5.0p2_1 (FreeBSD, except for FreeBSD 5.x)
- Updated compat4x-i386-5.3 for FreeBSD
- Web server: hsphere-ftp-1.3.0rc5-1
- DNS server: hsphere-bind-9.3.1-3
- Mail server:
- MySQL and PostgreSQL servers:
- Updated MySQL to new MySQL 4.1.x branch:
MySQL-server-4.1.18-0, MySQL-client-4.1.18-0 and MySQL-shared-4.1.18-0 (for Linux);
MySQL-client-4.1.18_1, MySQL-server-4.1.18_2 (for FreeBSD)
- Postgresql packages updated to version 7.4.12: postgresql-7.4.12-1PGDG, postgresql-contrib-7.4.12-1PGDG,
- IP Migrator 0.8: made compatible with the new H-Sphere update scheme.
- Updated Axis to version 1.3.
- H-Sphere VPS 1.4-6 updates: hsphere-vps-install-0.4-1, hsphere-vps-1.4-6. New
hsphere-vps-templates-1.4-6 added to provide operating systems VPS installation templates.
- Virtual Private Servers:
- Edited vps search to show plans and control tools correctly per each reseller
- A taken vps IP made available as a dedicated IP for a logical web server
- Implemented VPS specific user info (left) panel for VPS accounts to enable changing quota
from the Quick Access page
- Fixed the issue when VPS account's webmaster mailbox was created with empty password
- Fixed dependencies for VPS resources to eliminate prompting the user for prices for VPS resources
when these are disabled in the reseller plan
- Other Bugfixes:
- Fixed dns configuration not to show dns records not included to a plan
- Fixed the problem with the billing period for the trial account.
- Fixed a bug with affiliate script not called during signup when account goes to moderation section
- Improved security of the NTPNow gateway
- Resolved the problem with using old UID during content move.
- Changed SetQuota tool to conform with all file storage system quota managers supported by H-Sphere.
- Fixed SQL query in the WebPayments log report to show transactions with users in moderation section.
- Fixed the "only live user" checkbox in Web Payments Log
- Fixed problem with the default Web payment systems template which shows when an error occurs.
- Fixed problem with the IP field for 2Checkout,
PaySystems Web payment processors.
- Fixed ExternalPayment to correctly process multiple payments if some of them are canceled
- Added check on available registration period during domain registgration renewal
- Fixed Error 401 page validation issue on Web servers
- Removed the deprecated encoding notation in labels for Russian and Italian languages
- Improved validation of fax numbers depending on TLD of the chosen domain
- Corrected creation of autoresponder attachments.
- Fixed the bug when a VPS account couldn't be created under user CP (add Account) if user chooses new billing profile
- Fixed creating virtual servers with the same name under different users
- Fixed the issue with getting VPS limit values from cache for a stopped virtual server instead of setting them to 0
- Rewritten signup record scheme to correctly lock/unlock simultaneous signup processes
- Optimized the mail_overlimit.pl cron script
- Fixed timeout in GestPay web payment processor when trying to register an OpenSRS resource.
- Fixed the issue with duplicating IPs while adding IP on FreeBSD
- Fixed ServerAliasesRenamer to avoid premature exit while processing server alias records during IP migration.
- Fixed restoring of a MX record for a mail domain alias and for a mail domain with a mail relay.
Fixed dispaying of MX, CNAME and TXT records of a domain alias
- Redundant message "Account Suspension Warning" in Suspend Cron won't be send anymore
on the day when the system starts the suspension procedure.
- Fixed a problem with disabling/enabling Send CC in the Email Notifications interface
- Fixed a bug with creating wrong folders if the installer is launched from directory containing spaces (for instance,
- Fixed a bug with restoring default custom error page
- Fixed a bug in the SharedSSL patch
- Fixed bug when enabling SSL failed under certain conditions
- Fixed ASP.NET client location bug
- Fixed bug caused launching ASP.NET applications under the ASPNET or NETWORK SERVICE accounts
- Fixed a bug with Windows servers' being incorrectly marked as newly installed
- Fixed a bug which caused launching of unnecessary patches after the HS 2.5 Winbox installation
- Fixed an issue with website suspension when directory browsing flag is enabled for this site
- Added SOAP support to suspend and resume methods in VirtualHostingResource on Windows servers
- Fixed Urchin profile update bug
- Fixed an issue in ColdFusion installer
Release Notes History