Release Notes | Update | Winbox Install | Winbox Update | Change Log | Package List
This document explains how to install H-Sphere 2.4.3 Patch 2 using public installation scripts.
Please make sure to have your servers prepared as instructed in the
Preparing Servers for H-Sphere Installation manual.
- Preparing H-Sphere
- Installing H-Sphere
- Post-installation note
Step 1. Download
Now that you have prepared the servers, you can start the installation.
At this step, you will download the install.
- Download the installation scripts:
# wget http://www.psoft.net/shiv/HS/U24/U24.3P2/hsinst.tgz
# fetch http://www.psoft.net/shiv/HS/U24/U24.3P2/hsinst.tgz
Latest public version in this H-Sphere branch is
2.4.3 Patch 11.
Latest stable H-Sphere version is 3.3 Patch 1.
- Untar/ungzip downloaded tarball:
# tar xfz ./hsinst.tgz
and cd into the installation directory:
# cd hsinst
Step 2. Configuration
At this step, you will create configuration files.
- Launch the configuration wizard to enter installation data:
- Follow the wizard to provide configuration data. If you perform multi-server installation,
when asked to enter IPs of your servers, begin with IP of your CP server. Make sure to specify real
SMTP server IP in the web and cp server configuration. In most cases this is the
IP of your future mail server. The mail service must have all relays configured
properly. Note that SingleDNS must be selected only when one DNS server is present
in system. In SingleDNS configuration, usual DNS is required too.
Step 3. Preparing H-Sphere
Once you have completed the configuration wizard, type
to compile H-Sphere. This will:
- create hsphere directory if it doesn't exist;
- generate all config files;
- remove old version of H-Sphere, if it's installed;
- generate ssh keys and places them to all servers. You'll need to enter root password to each server;
- upload install to all servers;
- create hsphere directory on each server;
- export all passwords to /root/hsphere.info.txt.
Step 4. Installing H-Sphere
Log into each server as root and execute:
In multiserver installation, Control Panel server must be installed the last,
as it includes configuration of other servers in H-Sphere cluster. Otherwise,
CP will be installed incorrectly!
To install H-Sphere without SiteStudio, instead of "make install" execute:
If you decide to add SiteStudio, log into your control panel server and execute:
If you have chosen to setup your web server without or separately from the mail server,
you need to install (if not installed) and configure an MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
such as sendmail to ensure the performance of formmail scripts.
For more details, check with the README file that comes with the installation.
When the installation is finished, H-Sphere Control Panel
will be available at http://_IP_OF_HSphere_CP_:8080
H-Sphere install program doesn't set up missing service IPs. You
should set them up manually.
After H-Sphere is installed, it includes two accounts which may not be deleted:
- the admin account (login: admin, password: admin)
to configure system settings. It is very highly recommended to
change the password of the admin account after the installation
and testing have been completed.
- the wwwuser account to manage the control panel domain, which
is also used by the other servers of the system.