Updating H-Sphere Winbox to 2.4.1 Patch 1
21 Sep 2004
Release Notes | Winbox Install | Change Log | Package List
This guide instructs how to upgrade H-Sphere Windows software to
2.4.1 Patch 1 from 2.3.1 Patch 9 and up.
This update can also be used to downgrade Winbox from 2.4.1 Patch 3.
- Make sure your H-Sphere Windows module has version 2.3.1 Patch 9 or higher.
Open the file [Disk]:\\HSphere\scripts\consts.inc and check the parameters.
If the version is older, update it to
2.3.1 Patch 9 or higher.
- Open SOAP port 10125 for data communication between Control Panel and Windows server.
Important: if you're using Serv-U FTP service, make sure to disable SOAP feature in the
on the Control Panel box. Currently, H-Sphere with Serv-U installed doesn't support SOAP.
Note that Serv-U is incompatible with H-Sphere 2.5 and up.
- Update your Webshell to version 4 if you have an older version.
- Download H-Sphere Windows 2.4.1 Patch 1 at:
- Run the file you have downloaded (HSInst241p1.exe) to upgrade H-Sphere Winbox to 2.4.1 Patch 1.
- After the H-Sphere upgrade, IIS will still run some modules of earlier versions.
whenever it is convenient to ensure you run the updated modules.
- Optionally, install Pdb package for this Winbox version to log H-Sphere module's source information for crash reporting.
Download the self-extracted archive
to the <H-Sphere dir>\pdb directory and extract the files there.
Read more in Crash Reporting.
- Contact support and inform us about the upgrade.
This is required to get appropriate support from PSoft.
After you perform this Winbox upgrade, please take into account the
.NET Framework 2.0 issue.
After H-Sphere Winbox update is completed:
Copyright 1998-2018. Positive Software Corporation.
All rights reserved.