H-Sphere 2.5.1 Beta 2 (Private Build 802) Release Notes
Under Private Testing
| Change Log | Package List | Release Notes History
This version is a private release for beta testers. This version is not recommended for production servers!
Please refer to the latest stable version
Note for beta testers:
Please report all bugs and issues to our
Please send info on successful installation/upgrade to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Features and Improvements
- Single Server Edition:
H-Sphere installation mode with a special license type
for preparing a typical single server H-Sphere installation
to be later resold and installed across a datacenter.
- Simplified reseller:
- Now resellers will automatically obtain both administrative and user accounts upon signup.
- Markup Plans:
plans created by H-Sphere admin with predefined resources and prices
and resold by resellers who can only change retail prices.
- Implemented advanced scheme of H-Sphere installation and update:
- Now both H-Sphere installation and update is performed by a common
- Regular H-Sphere installation is now performed in 3 stages:
- CP installation: installing CP related packages and the system database
H-Sphere Pre-Configuration Wizard in CP to configure H-Sphere cluster.
- Running post installation to install all packages across the cluster according to pre-configuration.
- Updater improvements:
- introduced new update modes and options
- thoroughful pre-installation check when adding new servers.
- non-interactive mode with automatic conflict resolution.
- Implemented multiple domains migration for one user, added context for ftp subaccount because ftp subaccounts belong to user, not to domain in migration xml structure.
- Fixes related to the TroubleTicketAdmin class:
- Fixes to the methods canViewTicket() and isSubscribed() to avoid exceptions
- Code cleanup
- Corrected function that adds billing period based debit
- Fixed validation message for ftp subaccount addition
- Problem with the MS Exchange domain name validation has been fixed
- Minor design fixes
- Problem setting mailstore and public store quotas has been fixed
- Problem with the empty values in the signup request has been fixed
- Corrected suspendMailDomain and resumeMailDomain methods - added shellQuote
usage for domainName param
- Added support of ISPMailDomain in suspend/resume procedures and others. Corrected code structure.
- Corrected params passing, added MailService. ShellQuota usage for all methods
- Minor fixes to the problems with pricing in Dedicated Servers.
- Problem with changing business user password has been fixed
- Prevented NullPointerException while loading dedicated server in case server has templateId of not
existing dedicated server template
- Other minor fixes
New Features and Improvements
- Added PHP 5.1.4 support
- Now during enabling ASP.Net, H-Sphere fixes machine.config by changing allowDefinition to MachineOnly for identity section and adding identity impersonate='false' node. If there is .net framework 2.0 installed, H-Sphere also fixes web.config (in .net configuration directory) by removing identity node.
- Fixed the issue with install/update if SharePoint is not installed; fixed Web.config template files for (Admin.Layout,Site)
- Fixed bug with creating empty parameters in hsphere.config
- Fixed bug with converting existing ftp subaccounts to full ftp acccount during upgrade from previous version
- Fixed bug with starting hssvc service
- Changed php search logic in WebShell installer - now php4 is more preferrable than php5
- Fixed problem with webshell working incorrectly after upgrade procedure
- Changed php.ini creation method for webshell so that it can work correctly with PHP 5.X
Release Notes History
Copyright 1998-2018. Positive Software Corporation.
All rights reserved.