Last modified: 21 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Starting with version 3.0 RC 4, H-Sphere with integrated hostingPlatformChanger
system package adds a possibility to change a hosting platform by switching to a plan
of a different nature (Windows or Unix).
hostingPlatformChanger system package is a beta version that can
be integrated into H-Sphere 3.0 RC 4 and up!
The platform change process with the help of hostingPlatformChanger package involves:
- Hosting plan change
- Domains IP change
- Deletion of incompatible resources (currently, all resources listed on the Web
Options page). You will be warned of it during the plan change.
- Manual transfer of a user's content
To initiate the platform change process:
- Go to Account->Change Hosting Platform
- On the page that appears, from the drop-down box choose the plan you want to switch to.
- On the next step, you will be prompted to a Billing Statement that lists the information about
prices on new resources and refunds for the incompatible resources. Click Submit to continue.
Upon completing the procedure, a platform change request will be sent to your admin.
When it is approved, the necessary resources will be recreated, incompatible resources removed,
DNS and IP changed.
- When you receive the email informing that your hosting platform is ready to be used,
enable necessary resources and transfer user home directory content.