Last modified: 22 Nov 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
H-Sphere Winbox installation creates three major directories:
HSphere directory includes the following system files:
- bin - H-Sphere binary files
- ftproot - new ftp root for the default FTP site;
- logs - H-Sphere log files that can be found in the hsdir\logs
directory. (hsdir is the directory where H-Sphere is installed, e.g: C:\HSphere);
- scripts - H-Sphere asp scripts files and configuration file (conf.inc);
- skeleton - skeletons for websites and third party products;
- stats - service directory for stats process;
- wawrapper - service for wawrapper process.
Also the "cfg" virtual directory is created on the web site which
was selected as an H-Sphere website during the installation. This
directory points to the "scripts" physical directory.
Note: Please don't change the "cfg" directory configuration.
If any anything is changed, corresponding config parameters must
be updated in the conf.inc file, and H-Sphere service HSSvc must be restarted.
For proper work, H-Sphere needs several parameters listed in the H-Sphere
configuration file hsdir\scripts\conf.inc, such as:
- NetBios machine name ("domainName" variable);
- network adapter MAC address ("addressMAC" variable);
- users' home directory ("usersHome" variable);
- HTTP and FTP logs directory ("logPath" variable);
- MSSQL server name, login, password, etc.
You can choose the location of HSphere directory in a corresponding
step of HSinstaller wizard that you will be prompted to during the Winbox
Note: when updating from version 2.5 or 3.0 to version 3.1 and up, the
HSphere directory is automatically created at C:\Program Files\HSphere
In H-Sphere 2.5 and 3.0, the location of HShome directory is <drive>:\hshome.
Note: We recommend placing user content to partition different from H-Sphere
directory location, for example, to E:\HShome.
In H-Sphere 3.1 +, the location of home directory depends on the type of Winbox installation:
- fresh installation - Winbox directory is installed to the path specified in a corresponding
Physical server profile. If it is not set there, H-Sphere Winbox installer will automatically create it on NTFS partition with the largest free space.
- manual installation - Winbox directory is created at the location you specify in a corresponding step of the Winbox server installtion by means of bundles
HShome directory contains all user homes. Each home directory has account owner's name. A typical user home has the following directories:
Each domain directory has content similar to the following:
logs directory would have subdirectories for each domain:
domain1.com - (log files in exYYMMDDHH.log W3SVC format)
domain2.com - (-//-)
domainN.com - (-//-)
Note that cgi-bin is not a required directory in the site structure and
depends on whether the cgi directory resource is enabled for the site.
The same is true of log files for individual sites, since H-Sphere has
the transfer log resource that allows users to access log files for their
HSlogfiles directory includes HTTP and FTP logs for all users. It is a common directory which is located aside from log directories in user homes. You can set
a location of this directory during the H-Sphere Winbox installation. Typically, it is located in the
disk root directory (<drive>:\hslogfiles) and has the following content structure:
|-www (HTTP logs)
| |--- W3SVC1 - (log files for 1 site in exYYMMDDHH.log W3SVC format)
| |--- W3SVC2 - (-//-)
| --- W3SVCn - (-//-)
-ftp (FTP logs)
|--- MSFTPSVC1 - (log files for 1 site in exYYMMDDHH.log W3SVC format)
|--- MSFTPSVC2 - (-//-)
--- MSFTPSVCn - (-//-)