Last modified: 25 Oct 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
This document has been written for RedHat Linux and must equally work for Trustix, although
it hasn't been tested with the latter. Please contact us if
you know any specifics for Trustix.
We don't recommend major OS updates that result in changing of OSCODE.
Rather, perform server migration
However, if you did update your OS to another major version, delete the following file /hsphere/shared/bin/oscode
When you update Linux automatically by means of
or other RPM updaters, you must beforehand
exclude some packages installed with H-Sphere
from the update list:
- rh-postgres, postgresql, postgresql-server, postgresql-libs on CP and user postgresql boxes
- apache and apache-related packages on H-Sphere CP, WEB and MAIL boxes
- proftpd, frontpage and related packages on H-Sphere WEB boxes
- qmail, vpopmail, ezmlm, sqwebmail and related packages on H-Sphere MAIL boxes
- bind and related packages on H-Sphere DNS boxes
- XFree86 or xorg-x11 packages on CP.
XFree86-deprecated-libs (or xorg-x11-deprecated-libs) with dependences should be installed.
This is critical particularly for SiteStudio.
- MySQL-server on H-Sphere MAIL and MySQL boxes
Please note that these packages are also to be removed while
preparing servers to H-Sphere installation.
If you have accidentally upgraded your RedHat without excluding these packages, you need to