Last modified: 27 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
This document explains how to shape your H-Sphere cluster,
add boxes and hosting services and configure basic H-Sphere settings
Control Panel installation.
- H-Sphere Pre-Configuration Wizard writes the cluster configuration into the specially formatted
The Configuration File form on the main page enables you to:
- Import XML: You upload the prepared XML file from a local machine to H-Sphere
and later reconfigure H-Sphere in the wizard.
Read more on H-Sphere installation from prepared config.xml file;
- Export XML: export config.xml with your H-Sphere cluster configuration to your local machine.
- Restore Defaults: choose this option to recreate config.xml and to restart
configuring H-Sphere cluster in the wizard.
- Click the Edit General Settings icon on the right corner of the General Settings caption and
proceed to the following page:
Press Submit and return to the main page of the wizard.
- System Domain: Specify the service domain name here.
- One Server Installation: check this box if you need a single server installation.
Note that by checking this option you won't be able to add more physical servers afterwards.
- Use NAT IP mapping: Check this box if you implement
NAT on your H-Sphere.
- If you choose multiple server installation mode, you will see the Add Physical Server
icon on the right corner of the Physical Servers caption. Click this icon and
proceed to the form for adding new physical servers and services:
Here you set physical server name, IP, root password to connect to, and choose which hosting services
(CP, Web, mail, DNS, MySQL, PostgreSQL) will be installed there.
Note: At the moment, VPS, Windows, MRTG are not installed via H-Sphere pre-configuration wizard.
Choose Use defaults for this server to apply default names for H-Sphere logical servers on this server.
By default, they are named webN, mailN, nsN,
mailN, mysqlN, respectively:
- After you have added physical servers into H-Sphere cluster, you will
see them on the main page of the wizard:
Click the Edit icon in front of a physical server in the list and edit logical server parameters.
More on Logical Servers.
After you have done with H-Sphere configuration, press Proceed Installation Wizard:
You will be taken to the Confirm Installation page.
To complete installation via CP web interface, click Yes, continue
- On the page that appears check the servers you want to be updated/installed and click Start.
To see the update log, click the server name link.
- When update is finished and the light turns green, click Proceed to complete installation.
- On the page that appears, click Return to Admin CP.
You will be taken to Admin CP where you can maintain your hosting business.