Last modified: 27 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
We provide H-Sphere VPS package only for:
- Red Hat Linux release 7.3 with Perl v5.6.1 installed.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 3, CentOS 3.x, White Box Enterprise Linux release 3 with Perl v5.8.0 installed.
To check your Perl version, run:
# perl -v
You'll see something similar to this:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 3, CentOS 3.x, White Box Enterprise Linux release 3:
This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
Red Hat Linux release 7.3:
This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-linux
Make these few sipmle steps to build hsphere-vps on your box:
- Login as root to your VPS host server:
- Enter the temporary directory:
# cd /var/tmp
- Download the latest hsphere-vps sources:
# wget http://www.psoft.net/shiv/HS/VPS/hsphere-vps-n.n-x.tar.gz
where n.n-x is the release number (currently, 1.3-5).
- Unpack hsphere-vps sources:
# tar zxf hsphere-vps-n.n-x.tar.gz
- Enter the hsphere-vps directory:
# cd hsphere-vps
- Build hsphere-vps package:
The newly-built package will be located at your linux packages directory: