VeriSign PayFlow Pro With SSL Support
Last modified: 09 Oct 2008
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Important: PayPal announced EOL for v2 and v3. Support for a PayFlow Pro for SSL SDK v4 is implemented by a separate .hsp package.
To configure PayFlow Pro merchant gateway with SSL support, download and install a respective
This package can be installed on H-Sphere as suggested in our instruction on
Installing H-Sphere packages.
- Select PayFlow Pro (with SSL support) in the Add New Gateway box.
- Click the Add button.
- Fill out the form that appears:
- Title: give a name to this PayFlow Pro connection
- Server: the name of the PayFlow Pro server
- Port: the port of the PayFlow Pro server
- Partner: your partner ID given to you by the authorized reseller who signed you up for the PayFlow Pro service
- AVS: AVS stands for Address Verification Service.
It can be used as an additional layer of protection for merchants who wish
to verify that the purchaser knows the billing address of the cardholder
(in case these are two different people). This is not a very serious form
of risk mitigation or fraud prevention, and yet it does give some assurance
that a hacker isn't simply generating a list of valid credit card numbers
and purchasing product at will.
AVS simply matches the numeric portion of the cardholder's street billing address
and the 5 or 9-digit zip code of the cardholder's billing address.
The AVS request parameters are STREET and ZIP. The processing network verifies
the AVS information, comparing a portion of the billing address from the request
message with address data on file at the VIC or the issuer's center. Based on
the comparison, a response will be returned which confirms whether the information
matches or not. Banks do not decline transactions based on the AVS check. The AVS
response is returned as two single tab-delimited characters: YY, NN, YN, NY
(Y-'matches', N for 'does not match'). This information is just an advice.
However, the H-Sphere system will either allow or decline the transaction
depending on the selected AVS status. AVS is available only for US cardholders.
To provide non US cardholders CC processing, disable AVS check-up in the merchant gateway configuration.
- Login: your PayFlow Pro login
- Vendor: enter the name of the user associated with your PayFlow Pro Manager account
- Password: the password which comes with login/username
- Path to the certificate file: on the control panel server, the path to the SSL certificate you received when you signed up with PayFlow Pro
- Click Submit Query
© Copyright 2018. Parallels Holdings. All rights reserved.