Last modified: 31 Aug 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
No preparation is needed before configuration.
- Select AssureBuy in the Add New Gateway box.
- Click the Add button.
- Fill out the form that appears:
- Title: give a name to this AssureBuy connection
- Server: the name of the AssureBuy server
- Port: the port of the AssureBuy server
- Path: the path to the server side handler file. This can be a script or a binary file that is launched with an http request.
- User ID: your AssureBuy User ID
- AssureBuy Password: the password which comes with User ID
- Currency: the currency in which your end users will be charged
- AVS: AVS stands for Address Verification Service.
It can be used as an additional layer of protection for merchants who wish
to verify that the purchaser knows the billing address of the cardholder
(in case these are two different people). This is not a very serious form
of risk mitigation or fraud prevention, and yet it does give some assurance
that a hacker isn't simply generating a list of valid credit card numbers
and purchasing product at will.
AVS simply matches the numeric portion of the cardholder's street billing address
and the 5 or 9-digit zip code of the cardholder's billing address.
The AVS request parameters are STREET and ZIP. The processing network verifies
the AVS information, comparing a portion of the billing address from the request
message with address data on file at the VIC or the issuer's center. Based on
the comparison, a response will be returned which confirms whether the information
matches or not. Banks do not decline transactions based on the AVS check. The AVS
response is returned as two single tab-delimited characters: YY, NN, YN, NY
(Y-'matches', N for 'does not match'). This information is just an advice.
However, the H-Sphere system will either allow or decline the transaction
depending on the selected AVS status. AVS is available only for US cardholders.
To provide non US cardholders CC processing, disable AVS check-up in the merchant gateway configuration.
- Test Mode box: with Test Mode checked, all transactions appear to be processed as real transactions.
The gateway accepts the transactions, but does not pass them on to the financial institutions.
Accordingly, all transactions will be approved by the gateway when Test Mode is turned on.
- Click Submit Query
CVV (Card Verification Value). To enable fraud protection using CVV,
enable and configure CVV support in your AssureBuy account. More on
CVV credit card verification.
© Copyright 2017. Parallels Holdings. All rights reserved.