Last modified: 26 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
VPS template is a predefined set of RPMs to install/remove/upgrade a certain service, tool or application (e.g. BIND, Webalizer etc.). Basically, template is a structured file with the list of RPM packages, including their names, full version and platform architecture. Starting with H-Sphere 3.1 Beta 1, you can manage the VPS Application, VPS Extra and VPS Core templates via CP interface.
H-Sphere VPS Application Templates are OS independent RPMs that include:
H-Sphere VPS Extra Templates are the custom set of RPMs that will be provided to your users
depending on their OSs. On different OSs different Extra VPS templates can be installed.
H-Sphere VPS Core Templates are the basic services, libraries, and tools of H-Sphere VPS. Starting with H-Sphere 3.1 Beta 2, your users can update H-Sphere VPS Core templates from their CP.
Adding H-Sphere VPS Templates
- Make sure you have already installed H-Sphere VPS software to a separate box.
- Go to Server groups in E.Manager->Servers
- Click on the Edit icon next to your VPS Server group
- Add the templates to be available for your users:
- Go to Virtual Private Server plan wizard and include the templates in the plan: