Last modified: 26 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
H-Sphere Single Server Edition provides an easy way to sell
and install typical one-server H-Sphere configuration across data centers.
Once you installed Single Server Edition,
you need to gain Master Key to be able to run SSE Control Panel.
Master Key is bound to a set of your own IPs and allows using multiple servers (both CP+ and H-Sphere SSE).
Through master licensing interface you can disable/enable CP running on a particular IP, as well as pay your bills,
and see how many servers with H-Sphere SSE or CP+ you are running.
To get SSE running:
Step 1: Install H-Sphere Single Server Edition
See our SSE Installation guide.
Step 2: Generate Master Key
- Go to https://license.psoft.net and click New user signup.
- Fill in the form that appears and click Signup.
Important: Make sure you enter a valid email address to receive signup confirmation.
- On successful signup you will get the following message:
Signup successful! Please check your registered email account to verify your account registration
and continue with the login.
- Log into your account to get Master Key for your own SSE installations:
- If you are going to manage your own SSE CP, you need to bind the Master Key to a range of IPs
(they are called internal IPs).
In the box Internal IPs click Add one more, enter an IP or an IP range (IP/Mask) and click Create:
- If you are going to resell SSE, click Get a new external server key, add a comment and click Submit.
Send External Key to your customer. This key will be used as a master key
to validate the customer's H-Sphere SSE installation.
Step 3: Enter Master Key to Run Control Panel
- Enter newly installed SSE Control Panel. You will be prompted to fill in Master Key - that is, Master Key for your own SSE servers,
or External Key for resold H-Sphere SSE installations:
- Enter Master Key and click Save.
Single Server Edition Control Panel is configured to operate only with valid license.
Implemented callback mechanism enables H-Sphere to check every day if the Master Key is valid.
Note: When SSE is up and running, Mail relays, PostgreSQL/Windows/Dedicated server hosting will not be available.
Standard SSE installation will have pre-defined plans created for your use: 4 Unix hosting, 2 reseller plans.