Last modified: 26 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Create a reseller account with Enom.
When prompted, enter the IP of your CP server and control panel
DNS server names.
* Notes: DNS server names should be registered and propagated with ICANN
accredited domain registrar.
In your Enom account allow using other name servers for domain registration.
Otherwise your resellers offering their end users domain registration
won't be able to use nameserver aliases which will disclose parent host transparency.
With Enom registrar you can register, renew, lookup, and transfer domains.
Setting Up Enom Connection
Requirement: agreement with Enom signed
To set up your connection with Enom:
- Log into your admin CP.
- Select Domain Registrar in the Settings menu.
- In the Add New Registrar box, choose Enom and click the Add button:
- You'll need to enter your Enom connection data:
- Title: the name of your account. You can have more than
one connection with Enom.
- Server: Enom server (provided by Enom), e.g.: reseller.enom.com
- Port: the port used for connecting to the Enom
server (provided by Enom), e.g.: 80.
- Protocol: the protocol required by Enom.com to connect to
the server, e.g.: http.
- Path: the path to the domain registration software (provided
by Enom), e.g.: /interface.asp.
- Login: the login to the server (provided by Enom).
- Password: the password to login to the Enom.com's server (provided by Enom).
- License Agreement: the text and/or the path to the license
agreement obtained from Enom that explains the Enom's obligations
to your customers, their obligations to Enom and proves you are a
lawful registration service provider. This will be shown to your
end-customers on the signup forms and when they decide to create
a new domain through their CP.
- Warn users about domain expiration this many days in advance:
the domains are bought from Enom for a certain period of time
(one or more years). When this time expires the domain is suspended,
and if the term of domain name registration is not renewed, the domain
is canceled and becomes available for sale to other buyers. Here you
can set the number of days before the domain expiration date to remind
the user about approaching domain cancelation.
- Renew domains this many days before domain expiration:
number of days before domain expiration to automatically renew the domain registration
(as opposed to manual domain name registration renewal).
- Click Submit Query. Now your Enom connection is created and you
can proceed to configuring other registrar connections or
associating top level domains with domain registrars.
To test Enom without registering domains, you need to create a test account using
Enom web interface.