Last modified: 26 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
In order to configure Ascionic domain registrar, download and install
Ascionic .hsp package (for Java 1.4 and up).
This package can be installed on H-Sphere as suggested in our instruction on
Installing H-Sphere packages.
With Ascionic registrar you can register, renew, lookup domains.
Setting Up Ascionic Connection
Requirement: agreement with Ascionic signed
To set up your connection with Ascionic:
- Log into your admin CP.
- Select Domain Registrar in the Settings menu.
- In the Add New Registrar box, choose Ascionic and click the Add button:
- You'll need to enter your Ascionic connection data:
- Title: the name of your account. You can have more than
one connection with Ascionic.
- Server: Ascionic server (provided by Ascionic).
- Port: the port used for connecting to the Ascionic server (provided by Ascionic).
- Login: the login to the server (provided by Ascionic).
- Password: the password to login to the Ascionic.com's server (provided by Ascionic).
- Name Server handle: nameserver ID. This handle is generated when Ascionic
account owner registers nameserver in the Ascionic database.
- License Agreement: the text and/or the path to the license
agreement obtained from Ascionic that explains the Ascionic's obligations
to your customers, their obligations to Ascionic and proves you are a
lawful registration service provider. This will be shown to your
end-customers on the signup forms and when they decide to create
a new domain through their CP.
- Warn users about domain expiration this many days in advance:
the domains are bought from Ascionic for a certain period of time
(one or more years). When this time expires the domain is suspended,
and if the term of domain name registration is not renewed, the domain
is canceled and becomes available for sale to other buyers. Here you
can set the number of days before the domain expiration date to remind
the user about approaching domain cancelation.
- Request renewal domains this many days before domain expiration:
number of days before domain expiration to automatically renew the domain registration
(as opposed to manual domain name registration renewal).
- Click Submit Query. Now your Ascionic connection is created and you
can proceed to configuring other registrar connections or
associating top level domains with domain registrars.
To test Ascionic without registering domains, you need to create a test account using Ascionic web interface.