Last modified: 25 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Starting with H-Sphere 3.1 Beta 1, H-Sphere allows creating server update profiles to
update/install packages on physical boxes according to the rules set by admin. For this, H-Sphere
uses a so-called server update profile. By default, H-Sphere includes the 'DEFAULT' profile which
can't be removed or changed. If not set otherwise, the box is updated according to this DEFAULT profile.
However, you can create your own update profiles and assign them to specific boxes.
In this case, the system will update the server according to the profile it's assigned to.
To create a profile:
- Go to E.Manager -> Update -> Physical server profiles
- Choose the box (Unix/Windows) and click the Add button:
- Name and configure your profile in the form that appears:
- Adding Unix profile:
You can refer with some of the parameters to the
hsphere-update package guide.
Adding Windows profile:
- Update only pointed logical server groups. You can choose between three hosting
modes: Windows hosting only, MsSQL hosting only, or both Windows and MsSQL hosting modes
- Source URL for packages download redefinition is the link to an alternative server
with MSI packages. If not set, default MSI location is http://www.psoft.net/shiv/HS/WINDOWS/
- Location of user home directory. If it is not set there, H-Sphere Winbox installer will automatically create it on NTFS partition with the largest free space.
- MAC address of network interface to host dedicated IP's, etc. If not set there,
H-Sphere Winbox installer will automatically choose an address based on the free IPs of a physical
- Name of MSSQL server instance. Give a name to a MsSQL server instance if you want
it to differ from a default one generated from a NetBIOS name of a specific server
- Click Save to apply. Profile will appear in the list of existing profiles.
- Click the Assign Profiles to Physical Servers link
You can assign only one profile to a server.
But one and the same profile can be assigned by several servers.
- Click Apply.
If you want to reassign a profile:
- Go to E.Manager -> Servers -> P. Servers
- Click the physical server name you want to reassign a profile to
- Click the Edit icon in the Physical Server Profile field
- Reassign the profile
From now on, every time you update this physical box from CP interface,
it will update according to the profile.