Last modified: 25 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Before proceeding, make sure to read about Web Payment Systems Manager.
PayPal certificate is trusted by VeriSign Trust Network.
Since the standard java cartcerts file doesn't include VeriSign Trust Network public certificate,
H-Sphere returns 'Connect error, untrusted server cert chain' when trying to
connect to the merchant gateway. The following are the solutions:
A. If you have got the default java cacerts file and you have never
changed it, you can simply replace it with the cacerts file
offered by psoft.
B. If you need to keep your cacerts file, you can fix this problem using
the keytool feature available in the standard java installation:
How do I update my cacerts file?
Once you have registered a PayPal business account,
enable PayPal in your control panel:
- Select Merchant Gateways in the Settings -> Payment Settings menu.
- On the Merchant Configuration page, choose PayPal from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Edit button to activate it.
- Enter the required parameters in the PayPal form:
- (HS 2.5 and up) Server: the server used to run transactions.
It can be www.paypal.com or paypal.com in regards to what you issued certificate for.
- (HS 2.5 and up) Port: enter the port to be used.
- (HS 2.5 and up) Path: indicate the path.
- PayPal ID: the email you are registered in PayPal with.
- Pass-Through Value: enter your "custom" variable e.g:
"PayPalTest" to match payments with a customer or transaction
ID for tracking and identification purposes. It will be passed through the
PayPal system and returned to user in payment notification emails.
Important: variable should not contain spaces!
- Logo Image URL: image 150 by 50 pixels in size, you would like
to use as your logo. This is optional: if not entered, your customers
will see your Company Name or email address in place of logo.
- Activate/Deactivate PayPal for new signups and existing accounts.
- Click Submit Query. PayPal now must show as active.
- Set Instant notification URL to receive information about payments made via PayPal.
- Log into your Business PayPal account
- Go to the Profile Summary ->Selling Preferences -> Instant Payment Notification Preferences.
- Enter a callback URL
PayPal's IPN system works as follows:
- Customer submits a payment form and PayPal sends notifications about payments made to your notification URL.
- On receiving the payment notification, your server will send the confirmation,
including the encrypted code, back to a secure PayPal URL.
- PayPal will authenticate the transaction and send your server a "VERIFIED"
or "INVALID" response.
- If verified, the payment is regarded as successfully completed. If you receive
an "INVALID" response, it should be treated as suspicious and investigated.
H-Sphere supports PayPal multicurrency transactions. Fees are charged in the currency which is set
in the admin control panel. To charge users in two different currencies, you need to have two resellers.
Links to PayPal PDF documentation
PayPal Testing Mode. To run PayPal transactions in testing mode,
create a development account at PayPal Sandbox
and under this account create fake PayPal accounts for testing purposes. Then, set PayPal sandbox parameters
in the PayPal setup form in H-Sphere:
Pay Pal ID: fake PayPal account
Pass Code: anything.