Last modified: 25 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Miva kit is Miva Merchant and
Miva Merchant is an e-commerce solution that gives access to the tools you need to develop, maintain, and grow a thriving online store.
Miva is a trusted e-commerce solution provider, enabling tens of thousands of online businesses across the internet. Miva kit is based on a solid foundation of proven proprietary technology, supported by an established network of e-commerce hosts, solution developers, and store designers.
Miva Merchant requires Miva Empresa for web server XML scripting, e-commerce and database capabilities. Like all third party commercial products, Miva Empresa and Miva Merchant are purchased and installed separately from H-Sphere.
How Does It Work?
- A user logs into the control panel and activates the Miva resource.
- H-Sphere finds an available license in the database and allocates it to this user.
- The cgi-bin and mivadata directories
are created inside the user's site directory, if only they haven't
been created earlier.
- miva.cgi is copied into the cgi-bin directory.
- miva.cgi is registered in the config file, in which the mivaroot
and mivadata variables are defined. mivaroot is configured
to be the same as DocumentRoot for Miva-enabled site. mivadata
is defined as the mivadata directory outside this user's site.
- Permissions to these directories along with their content
- Now the user can activate Miva Merchant.
Miva Merchant is created using a web-based form containing the fields
required by Miva Merchant, though a user can activate the original
Miva Merchant installer by entering his site URL followed by
or his site URL followed by