Last modified: 24 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Dedicated Server Templates
Before adding dedicated servers to the system, you have to create dedicated server templates.
They simplify managing and billing servers of the same type. When creating a dedicated server plan,
you can choose server template(s) for it. This way you can create, for instance, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD etc. dedicated server plans.
Custom-bult servers, on the other hand, are added to H-Sphere in one step and assigned to users directly
(not distributed via plans). That is why you need to determine setup and monthly fee when creating a non-templated server.
- To add a template, go to Dedicated Servers -> Manage Templates and click Add
Fill in the form you will be taken to and click Submit:
You can allow this template in plans right away or later using the Manage Templates menu.
When you add a dedicated server template, it appears in the dedicated server templates list
(the Manage Templates menu).
Check boxes near templates which you are going to use in plans:
- To edit a template, click the Edit icon in the template entry (the Manage Templates menu).
* You can't edit a template if at least one server added from that template was taken by a user.
- To remove a template, click the Trashcan icon in the template entry.
* You can't remove a template if at least one server was added from that template.
- To be able to use a template in plans, check the box in the template entry. Such templates
will show in Dedicated Server Plan Edit Wizard.
Custom-built Dedicated Servers
If enabled in Globals, clients can request
custom-built dedicated servers by simply clicking a link. When they do so, a trouble ticket is generated:
When you receive such requests, add non-templated servers and assign them to users by
changing server's status to In use.