Last modified: 24 Dec 2007
WARNING: This documentation covers Parallels H-Sphere versions up to 3.1. For the latest up-to-date Parallels H-Sphere documentation, please proceed to the
official Parallels site.
Starting with H-Sphere 2.5 RC 2 you can migrate individual user cPanel accounts into H-Sphere.
This document covers preparation for migration,
procedure of migration and billing issues for migrated accounts.
Preparing for Migration
Prior to importing a cPanel account into H-Sphere,
prepare for migration.
- Create an archive of this account using the
cPanel backup utility.
- Save the archive to your ftp server.
- If your user wants to have similar account options and prices that were available under cPanel,
have your user choose what H-Sphere plan he wants to be signed up for.
If no plan meets the requirements, you may need
to create a new plan for this user with all options needed.
- Create MIGRATION_DIR in hsphere.properties. This directory is used to store a
migration backup file from the ftp server during migration
- It is not possible to migrate parked domains!
- If you migrate mailing list subscribers, make sure the mailman package must be installed on the CP server,
because mailing list info is stored in binary mailman format.
If mailman isn't installed, mailing list subscribers will not be migrated.
To migrate a cPanel account into H-Sphere:
- Go to Import Users in the Signup menu.
- Click cPanel User Import Wizard:
- Fill in the page that appears:
- FTP Server where account archive is stored
- FTP Login and Password: your FTP server access data
- Path to cPanel backup file: enter location of the archive
- User name, password - give name and password to the new H-Sphere account
- Plan: choose the Unix plan for signup
- Billing Period: choose from available in the plan
- Start Date: initial billing date for the newly created account.
- Balance: enter the amount paid by user prior to migartion or zero if no payments were made.
Read more about billing upon migration.
- Name, Company, Address, Phone, Email: enter contact info for the future H-Sphere account.
- Click Submit.
This will initiate a new migration job which appears under Current jobs.
- Click the job link to see its status.
When the job has been completed, it will show Done or Error on top of page.
If the migration is done successfully, you should be able to
find the new account under the chosen plan and manage it just like other H-Sphere accounts.
Once user is migrated, H-Sphere creates an account with the check payment billing type enabled by default.
You can view user's Billing Statement to see the account balance.
If you entered the necessary amount for Balance in the General section during migration,
account balance will show it.
If user wants to change his billing profile to, say, Credit Card, he can do it in his user CP using our